We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Mini cakes
I recently had to bake muffins but had no fruit in the house, so I used dried apricots. :-)
8 people made this
- 10-12 dried apricots
- 140g plain flour
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 80g honey
- 350ml milk
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Wash and pat dry the dried apricots. Finely chop.
- Mix the plain flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder, salt and ginger in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the egg with vegetable oil, honey and milk. Add everything to the dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed and the batter is no longer lumpy.
- Fold in the apricots and spoon the batter into the paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and muffins are golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
this was a waste of ingriedients, i did wonder about the lack of sugar content, but gave it a try, they rose but then sunk in oven (no i did not open door, mines glass fronted) on a personnal note if the batter mix was used to make pancakes, it would be very tasty as you could then add some form of sweetener as in syrup or sugar, as the muffins though cooked on the outside after 20mins remained stodgy inside, so another 5mins (lower heat)in was the same thought the out side had become tough and started to over brown-15 Aug 2012